Commercial Manager – Based in London
Rate: £250 per day
Duration: 6 months
Acorn Global Recruitment is working on behalf of the Ambulance Radio Programme (ARP) Team who provide local support to Ambulance Trusts regionally across England on a 24/7/365 basis, offering an on-call rota for out of hours advice, support and escalation service.
ARP provide NHS Ambulance Trusts with access to the Airwave network, radio terminal managed services, integrated communications control system support and mobile data terminals & application support.
They are currently seeking a Commercial Manager to undertake commercial / procurement activities in line with their current resource plan (including recruitment of additional resource to cover commercial activities both for the procurement and ongoing supplier management).
Experience / Requirements
· Member (or working towards membership) of the Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply Degree or equivalent
· At least 4 years relevant work experience, (i.e. working at management Level within a commercial team, on a major IT or communications procurement
· Knowledge of contract law and how it relates to the services delivered by ARP
· Ability to draft and review contract change notices and other contractual documentation
· Experience in dealing with the financial and commercial aspects of complex contracts
· Management experience of producing commercial evaluations and other assessments for senior management
· Experience of delivering large scale procurements within the NHS
· Experience of Supplier Management within a managed service environment
· Good team working and interpersonal skills & able to develop and maintain effective and credible relationships with business leaders and supplier management
· Credibility and proven capability to operate at a management level
· Proven communication skills
· Good organisational skills and an analytical approach
· Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to problem solving.
· Ability to work independently
· High level of enthusiasm and ability to work to deadlines
· Ability to function as a member of a multi-professional team
· Have the enthusiasm and drive to develop personal skills throughout key disciplines and be a reliable in life service member
ARP, Ambulance Radio Programme, Institute for Purchasing and Supply, CIPS, IT procurement, Employment Law, Contract Management, NHS, NHS procurement, supplier management, OJEU. Airwave