Vendor/Supplier/Contracts Manager – London
Vendor/Contracts/Supplier Manager – London – Permanent position
The role is responsible for the successful delivery by significant external Suppliers of services to the Operations Division, including the Manage Outsourcer Contracts Process to manage Suppliers to deliver to contractual defined performance requirements. The role will also participate in and support the delivery of contract drawdowns from the Outsourcer Framework, other appropriate public sector Frameworks procurement processes. They will identify/support the implementation of improvements to existing contracts and/or processes to deliver benefits to the company, as well as planning and undertaking Supplier assurance activities. This role acts as an escalation point for more junior staff and will deputise for the Service Manager as required.
* Ensuring the provision of services and/or deliverables are as specified in contract and if not taking appropriate action
* Creating an approach to the management of the contract and reviewing it annually
* Developing operational relationships with the contract Supplier
* Undertaking formal governance activity
* Participating in assurance activity to ensure risks associated with the contracts are managed and controlled
* Planning and facilitating the mobilisation of internal and Supplier resources for new contracts
* Developing and maintaining an Exit Strategy for each contract
* Seeking opportunities to deliver cost and/or service benefits to the company or its claimants and ensuring that the Suppliers provide value for money
* Checking and validating the value of each invoice and identifying and resolving any discrepancies with the relevant Supplier
* Planning and managing the delivery of contract acquisition routes including drawdowns from the Claims Outsourcing Framework and/or other appropriate procurement routes
* Working with Operations teams, Procurement and other internal stakeholders (as appropriate) to identify appropriate evaluation criteria and questions to evaluate Supplier submissions
* Producing draft contract schedules for contract drawdowns
* Evaluating supplier drawdown submissions
* Supporting Supplier and Category Owners in the delivery of their responsibilities
* Supporting Procurement and other internal stakeholders (as appropriate) in renewing the Framework Agreement and other procurement activity as necessary
* Acting as a mentor and providing support and guidance to junior members of the Operations Division
* Working co-operatively with internal teams such as the Outsource Technical AdviceTeam, Claims Resolution Team, Claims Assessment Design Team, Default Team and Legal to resolve operational issues affecting Supplier performance
* Offers guidance and advice to colleagues, sharing experience and acting as a subject matter expert for less experienced colleagues
* Visiting suppliers, firms, insolvency practitioners and other third parties to ensure the delivery of goals
* Identifying and participating in continuous improvement opportunity projects to deliver cost of non-financial benefits to the company or its claimants
Key Process Outputs/What I will deliver
* Outsourcers meet contractually defined performance.
* Supplier assurance reports.
* Value for money benefits delivered (either ‘hard’ cost savings or non-financial benefits such as risk reduction or improved customer experience)
Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Spring Technology is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Contact: Gemma Marshall