Job Description – L1 Technical Support
Business Unit: Technical
Reports To Adecco Representative (Helpdesk Supervisor/Team Leaders with Technology Team)
Job Purpose/Job Summary
Log IT queries / problems in helpdesk system and provide technical assistance to computer/production system users to solve these queries or reassign the query to the relevant section in the support team in accordance with the helpdesk procedure.
Answer questions or resolve computer/production problems for clients via telephone/remotely/in person.
The role is mainly deskbound.
Provide assistance as and when necessary to the IT department.
(The following area’s of focus will be required to successfully deliver this role)
* Look after the group’s interests at all times.
* Maintain strict confidentiality on all matters relating to company business.
* Adhere to Group IT procedures and best practice.
* Assist in the operation of the IT department as and when necessary
* Act as the first point of contact for IT support in a professional and customer-focussed manner.
* Provide end users with hardware and software support for short tasks. As per the helpdesk procedures.
* Answering of “How do I” questions from end users and developing 1st line support guides for common queries.
* Log / assign IT requests that are made via a phone call or by intercepting walk in staff within the IT helpdesk system.
* Assess incoming requests – accurately capture problem and assess real urgency with end user and set priority of call accordingly. Inform relevant team of urgent issues directly.
* Periodically review current priority of requests with end users.
* Conduct remote computer diagnostics to determine nature of problems.
* Provide remote assistance or reassign to the support team as detailed in the helpdesk procedures.
* Assist in evaluating user’s computer system requirements.
* Assist in purchasing of IT equipment, delivery of goods, returning under warranty and coordinating warranty visits.
* Assist in setting up new user hardware and software.
* Assist in IT admin duties (filing, research, etc.).
* Update and maintain the Group IT asset database with asset information.
* Maintain accurate records for software licensing compliance.
* Provide assistance as and when necessary to the Group IT Manager.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
* Keep IT store and working areas tidy and organised to meet Health and Safety requirements.
* A detailed understanding of the scanning and indexing production operations supported by experience in the use of the production imaging systems.
* Good understanding of PC software in general and ability to analyse log files produced.
* PC enthusiast able to build and configure PC’s involving hardware, operating systems (XP/2000) build, software installations, device drivers, networks, printers, peripherals etc.
* Ability to communicate on the phone and in person to understand and document technical customer problems.
* Self Motivated, quick learner, able to solve technical problems working with experienced technical team members, and follow defined processes.
* Physically able to assist in moving PCs, scanners etc.
* Supporting College studies, certifications or experience of any Information Technology related discipline.
The following would also be of advantage:
* Experience in the development/configuration of software applications.
* Experience in providing customer-facing services.
Driving Licence preferred as UK, European and US travel may be necessary on occasion.
Interested individuals should provide a CV demonstrating relevant skills and experience to the following:
Adecco Staff: Guy Allen ( )
By 16:00 Friday 20th of November.
Successful candidate will be expected to start first week in December.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has ambitions to improve their knowledge of computing and of document imaging in particular. This is a hands on role which involves a great deal of log and log file analysis, and also for a calm approach to work, when under great pressure. They don’t necessarily have to be overly technical or have specialist qualifications, but you will be expected to be a self-starter and have logical, troubleshooting skills, and excellent organisation and adminstration abilities.