The role involves collecting gas and electricity meter readings from domestic and commercial customers. You will be targeted to visit a number of premises each day with the objective of completing visual safety checks and recording meter readings. This is a long term opportunity working 37hrs per week including Saturdays. You will need to demonstrate flexibility with your working hours in order to increase your access rates and your bonus potential. You will be required to travel throughout Lyme Regis, Seaton and the surrounding areas.
Successful applicants will be expected to attend a 5 day training course, and will receive ongoing support following successful completion. All personal and protective equipment and uniform will be provided as will a Hand Held Unit, mobile phone and vehicle where applicable. You should enjoy working independently, and be self-motivated with experience of planning and managing your own workload.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Clean manual driving licence (in areas where a company vehicle is provided)
* A level of physical ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
* Excellent communication skills at all levels
* Experience in working to targets and deadlines
* IT skills an advantage
* A background in “customer contact”
* A passion for excellent customer service
* Punctual – making sure that any appointment made is attended
* Smart appearance (company uniform supplied)
* Team player but also used to working alone and managing personal deadlines
* Attention to detail is essential along with legible writing as you may be required to write reports
NB – the roles are subject to satisfactory references, drug & alcohol testing and standard DBS clearance.