Software Applications Engineer
Based in Notting Hill, London
Salary Â£25,000 per annum
Working in a creative and innovative team in a successful and progressing tech company
Looking for: Recent computer graduates or experienced problem solving software engineers.
PaymentSense is a rapidly expanding organisation providing Chip & Pin services to small businesses. We have gone from start up to the largest merchant provider in the UK. Driven by a fantastic product, the latest technology and outstanding people, we’ve developed a business and a culture which matches the huge ambition of the business.
Paymentsense Ltd has a great opportunity for a software engineer to join our London based, software team. This position is responsible for Windows and Linux based hardware and service level integration of payment terminals with Point of Sales systems through TCP/IP, USB and Serial in a service based architecture. We are looking for a Windows developer skilled with Visual Studio applications who can work with our software developer customers in the integration of our API set.
- Assist our developer community with the integration of our API into their systems on .NET, Visual Basic, Java, Android, Linux and other platforms.
- Provide 1st Level technical and integration support to our developer community.
- Provide 2rd Level support to our Customer Service team supporting our installed base.
- Evaluate defects, feature requests, and enhancements with senior developers to continue to evolve the product.
- Assist in the development, testing and deployment of maintenance releases and future versions of the product.
- Provide pre-sales technical support for our sales team.
Skills and Technical Requirements
- Computer Science degree (or similar)
- 1-3 years of experience in Windows development
- C#/MFC/.NET Visual Studio programming and debugging on Windows
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills – able to work within a team of hardware, firmware, application developers, and partners on resolving issues and problems
- Excellent communication skills – able to easily communicate in a clear and concise manner with technical information (written & verbal) to customers whom English may not be their first language
- Effective organization and coordination skills, with an ability to get the job done
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of the product and issues, with minimal supervision
- Teamwork. This position requires a close working relationship with the extended Paymentsense team, including engineering, operations, sales, customer support, customer developers and program management
- Some on-site support at customer locations in the UK is required
- Any knowledge or experience of the following would be beneficial but not essential:
o Knowledge of C++/C/Visual Basic/Java languages
o Working knowledge of TCP/IP communications
o Experience with Serial and USB communications control
o Experience with the Windows operating systems including WCF service deployment, security and device configuration
o Experience of providing support service to customers for integration of software components
o Experience of developing and consuming web services
o Linux and/or Android experience
o Experience with Electronic Point of Sale systems and/or payment terminals
- Credit & Debit Card Processor serving SME market (www.paymentsense.com).
- Fastest growing Merchant Acquiring business in the UK
- We sign up a new merchant every 7 minutes all across the UK and have the largest sales force in the industry
- Hugely ambitious and successful tech business