Prospero Teaching are working with a large 3 form entry primary school in Cobham, Surrey to recruit an experienced sen learning support assistant to work 1;1 with a child with ASD in year 6 for the rest of the academic year.
This is a full time, long term role starting in February and continuing for the whole academic year if the school are satisfied with the successful applicant’s work. Roles and responsibilities:
* Providing 1:1 support to a child in Year 6 with ASD
* Assisting the child with their work – in particular their literacy and numeracy skills
* Following the child’s IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
* Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff regularly – discuss strategies to sup-port the child during lessons
* Preparing resources to assist the child in lessons
* Taking the child to a designated area away from the classroom when they become anxious, stressed or upset
* Carrying out general administrative duties as required e.g. photocopying.
To be eligible you must:
* Have UK teaching experience.
* Be a UK resident or be eligible to work in the UK.
* Hold a current and up to date DBS disclosure.
* Have knowlegde and understand austism
* Have SEN Experience
* Encourage students to reach their full potential.
* TA qualification and experience preferable
* Excellent classroom management skills
* Positive and creative approach to teaching
Please apply with your CV attached in order to be considered for this role.