Linux Systems Administrator – Exciting, vibrant Start Up!
A fantastic opportunity for a Linux Systems Administrator to secure a position within a pioneering start-up company based in Covent Garden / Holborn. We have grown rapidly, are performing better than ever and want to evolve our talented, friendly team. The Linux Systems Administrator will be joining a ground breaking and innovative company as part of a highly gifted team.
We are looking for a highly motivated Linux Systems Administrator with the below capabilities:
* Strong experience of Linux systems administration (ideally Red Hat / CentOS)
* Good background in monitoring, maintaining and tuning Apache, Subversion, Tomcat, Java
* Knowledge of networking, virtualisation (Linux KVM) & shell scripting highly beneficial
* Experience with either Python or Perl is a must
* A fine academic background and ping pong abilities will benefit!
* A real team player that enjoys working in a sociable, dynamic team
Your main focus will be on configuring and maintaining our internal systems and helping to design, create and run production environments. You will also manage back-up / disaster recovery strategies. This is a very exciting time to join us as we continue to grow and work with hugely significant clients in a booming industry. We can also offer you excellent support, training and progression.
Working in a fantastic environment in our modern, open plan offices you be highly enthusiastic about technology and will play a hugely significant role within our team and the company as a whole.
Our environment is one that includes a pool table, drinks fridge, ping pong table and fresh fruit. Benefits include healthcare, days out and trips, flexi time, 25 days holiday, breakfast, gym/sport discounts.
Key skills: Linux Systems Administrator, Red Hat, CentOS, shell scripting, Python, Perl, bash, awk, Java, Tomcat, Subversion, SQL, Apache, high availability, high traffic transactional web site
Apply now for further details on this excellent opportunity.
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy