Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
We are currently recruiting for a Gym Instructor to work 40 hours per week on a rota basis.
Tenterden Leisure Centre provides a wide range of facilities offering an excellent choice of sporting and leisure activities.
To provide inspiring fitness coaching to customers and to provide advice, guidance and programming to customers on all aspects of exercise and related subjects in accordance with the Customer Intimacy Health and Fitness programme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– Provide clean, safe, friendly and fun facilities.
– Provide safe, appropriate, fun and results focussed fitness coaching to customers.
– Conduct customer inductions and fitness assessments.
– Support and guide customers to set SMART exercise goals.
– Maintain a full product knowledge of the services available at the centre and advise customers accordingly.
– Adopt a pro-active approach to continuous service improvement.
– Contribute to planning and marketing strategies.
– Supervise all customers to ensure the correct use of fitness training equipment.
– Commitment to maintain REPs registration and attend regular CPD training.
– Essential – Hold a recognised qualification that allows entry at REPS Level 2.
– Desirable – Personal Training Level 3
Essential Experience Level
– Exercise instruction and coaching
– Exercise programming
– Needs analysis and goal setting
– Health, safety and professionalism in exercise and fitness instruction
– Excellent product knowledge and experience
– High quality customer service skills
– Excellent communication skills
– The ability to empathise and work with customers of all age groups and levels of ability
– Health and safety awareness
– Planning, marketing and sales promotional skills